In the following we have once again compiled the most important tips for successful crisis management.
- Constant image building and professional PR pay off in the crisis -> trust account
- The reaction to a crisis often determines public perception more than the cause -> It is never about being right.
- There are proven strategies and efficient instruments to recognize a crisis in advance -> vulnerability analysis
- Hardly any company crisis turns into an existential crisis -> often an opportunity arises from it
- A crisis plan and a well-coordinated crisis team are essential -> good preparation is half of crisis management
- The speed is decisive -> a lot can be prepared in advance
- Expect the worst (worst-case scenarios) -> then the actual situation loses its horror
- Crisis management is emotion management -> because it is only about personal sensitivities, mostly fears, worries or partly misunderstood feelings of responsibility.
- Switching from reactive to active is a challenge -> let´s go back to the driver seat
- Crises put partnerships to the test -> afterwards an excellent base for the future, unfortunately only afterwards ...
Conclusion: From esotericism to the profession of crisis communication - which general measures are to be heeded?
- Design crisis communication as a strategic management process
- Implementing complex crisis management approaches: no cooking recipes
- Do not generalize individual cases: Every crisis proceeds differently, but in similar schemes
- Taking note of scientific research, using it, cooperating, demanding/motivating transfer
You are welcome to request further information from us. Simply talk to us or contact our Crisis Hotline.